Pacific Rivers helped create the Montanans for Healthy Rivers (MHR) campaign in 2009, a coalition of conservation organizations, businesses, and individuals dedicated to preserving Montana’s most intact rivers and streams.The campaign maximizes watershed conservation by coupling public lands protections with private lands conservation incentives.
Montanans for Healthy Rivers proposes:
- Protecting more than 700 rivers miles in Montana as Wild and Scenic.
- Creating and funding incentives for private landowners to keep these rivers healthy and water clean.
- By working on both private and public lands, we are taking a watershed approach to protecting healthy rivers and clean water in Montana. Help us continue by donating today.
Most Montanans support this work:
- 86% of Montanans believe healthy rivers are vital to Montana’s economy and way of life,
- 75% of Montanans support using the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to protect more of the state’s rivers.
- If successful, the Montanans for Healthy Rivers campaign will be a model for supporting river health and water quality across public and private domains – a watershed approach.